When you are buying a home it is exciting to consider new construction. But many buyers start the process without proper preparation.
The critical thing? Remember the builder has a dedicated salesperson to represent them. Along with showing you the products the builder is offering, the salesperson has a couple of critical functions:
1. Make sure you buy a home from that builder.
2. Work to sell the home for the highest price possible.
3. Protect the interest of the builder.
4. Sell you the most profitable upgrades possible.
Understand that the building process takes time and involvement. It is not like buying a pair of socks where there is one decision and you are done. Buying a new home involves hundreds of questions and answers, and then many, many decisions. And this happens over time. Builders can typically take 4 to 5 months to complete a home.
Having your own professional advocate will help you:
1. Solve problems that arise during the build process.
2. Give you unbiased advice about what plans, locations, elevations and finishes would give you the best resale potential.
3. Purchase the home at the best price and terms.
4. Understand the new construction process, start to finish.